Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Porter is Five!


August 10th, 2009. Porter had his first friend birthday party. It was an animal theme of course. He’s been playing Leapster and checking out tons of books from the library on animals. He is a self proclaimed “animal genius.”

I remember 5 years ago traveling to Spokane, WA to pick him up at Deaconess hospital and how HOT it was there. (in the 100’s every day) It was so beautiful with all the pine trees and lakes and streams.

When Melanie put Porter in my arms and Jason left to go get Hyrum I had a minute with this precious little one. Porter smiled at me. I know you’ll say that newborns can’t smile at that age but I swear he did! He was born knowing how to smile and that is a hallmark of his life so far. He’s a laid back, happy kid who likes to tease and have fun. He is such a blessing in our lives. I know we couldn’t do without him. We love you Porter.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday Porter! We're so glad you're a part of our family!

The Arbuckle's said...

Happy Birthday Porter!

We love you and wish we could be there to celebrate your 5th birthday with you.

Have fun in kindergarten this year.