Monday, May 3, 2010

Historectomy is finally happening.

We've known the day would come for 4 years now and on Monday, April 10th it's happening. I'm cautiously optimistic that this will take care of the hemorrhaging. I'm also nervous as heck that my home will fall apart. And no, I don't mean that the dishes won't get done or that beds won't be made, that is a given. I mean that the kids and dad may not survive without mom to intervene in the fighting. They have a terrible time when mom is just sick for a day. I'm going to be out for at least a week. Oh well, better now while the kids are still in school than in the summer when they are home all day. At least I hope they both get to school. Hyrum is still fighting it.

Today he had a dentist appointment because he had a pain in a tooth. Good thing that I saw the x-ray showing the abcess or I would have thought that he was just making up pain to get out of school. On the way back from the appointment, Hyrum informs me that he is not going back to school today. I went through the begging and pleading and ordering and threatening him to go to school when we reached the parking lot but to no avail. So I take a break and go sign him into school in the office. I can see him doing push ups and sit ups on the lawn outside while I'm doing so. The secretary pointed out cheerfully that at least he wasn't wasting time. I sarcastically thanked her for her optimism. Then I went out and attempted to bodily bring him into the school. I'm sure we would have been comedy gold for anyone watching. Finally someone had pity on me and called the principal. He is wonderful and together we were able to get Hyrum to march down to class with very little resistance and only two escape attempts. Someday we'll laugh at this right?

Jason and I replaced the breaks on our car after the kids were asleep at 9:30p.m. It was perfect temperature outside and it was nice to have some just Jason and Wendy time. It doesn't get more romantic than that folks!

2 comments:

Simcah Reid said...

You will be in our prayers. Hopefully it will help. We love you.

Simcah Reid said...

You will be in our prayers. Hopefully this will help. We love you.